This course covers the following concussion management topics:
- Understanding the Problem
- Recognizing Concussion
- Preparing for Concussion Management
- Acute Management of Concussion
- Recovery and Return to Play
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Define concussion.
- Identify the risks associated with Second Impact Syndrome.
- Recognize the symptoms associated with concussions.
- Identify strategies for prevention of concussion.
- Describe best practices regarding acute and post-injury care of concussions.
- Understand best practices for return-to-play following concussion.
Sport Safety International is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers. This program has been approved for a maximum 2.0 hours of EBP Category continuing education. Certified Athletic Trainers are responsible for claiming only those hours actually spent participating in the continuing education activity.
BOC Approved EBP Provider #: P8228-6